FAQ / Resources

The most frequently asked questions are below.  Click on the question to view the answer.  You may also use the search box located on the left column of each page to search for information by keyword.  If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please call us using the contact information on our “Contact Us” page.

Public FAQ

Only the Chair of the Board of Rockingham County Commissioners can sign contracts, leases, or agreements, or the Vice Chair in the absence of the Chair. Additionally, signature only happens after majority approval through an approved vote of the contract/agreement/lease by the Board. Other Elected Officials, Division Directors, and employees are not authorized to sign contracts, leases, or agreements on behalf of the County.

Please visit the New Hampshire Secretary of State website for more information on running for office in New Hampshire.

Please visit the New Hampshire Secretary of State website for more information on voting and elections.

Please visit the “Board of Commissioners” page for a listing of the towns/city each Commissioner represents.

Please visit our “Towns/City Links” page for a listing of the 37 towns/city in Rockingham County.

These records are not maintained by Rockingham County.  Please contact the NH Department of Health and Human Services for more information on obtaining these records.

NH marriage license are obtained through Town/City Halls.  Please see VisitNH.gov for more information on getting married in the State of New Hampshire.

NH Supreme Court:

New Hampshire Supreme Court
One Charles Doe Drive
Concord, NH 03301

Clerk of the Court:  Eileen Fox
Phone: (603) 271-2646
Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 p.m. Mon – Fri

Rockingham Superior Court:

Rockingham Superior Court
Rockingham County Courthouse
10 Route 125
Brentwood, NH

Mailing Address is : P.O. Box 1258, Kingston, NH 03848-1258

Clerk : Maureen F. O’Neil
Phone : 1-855-212-1234
For callers outside the U.S and Canada the number is 1-603-223-0392.
Hours : Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm

For all other Superior Courts, as well as Circuit Courts (District, Probate, and Family Divisions), please visit the New Hampshire Judicial Branch website for locations and contact information.

Please visit Rockingham Community Action for information on many available resources.

Please visit the New Hampshire Secretary of State website for more information.

The New Hampshire Secretary of State issues commissions for Notaries Public and Justices of the Peace.  Please click on the links for specific requirements and instructions.

The New Hampshire Bureau of Vital Records maintains death, marriage, and birth certificate records.  Rockingham County does not maintain those records.

The New Hampshire Secretary of State licenses businesses.  The county does not have licensing requirements.

Please visit the New Hampshire General Court website to look up the State Representative and Senator for your district.

Each town/city in the county maintains its own property records and tax information. Please contact the specific town/city hall where the property you are inquiring about is located.

Please contact the Commissioners Office with your request. Please note that information requests are governed by NH RSA 91-A and are subject to the Board of Commissioners’ production and mailing fees policy.

Comments are closed.